While the crisis of fisheries sector is increasing day by day, the sea and the coast are being removed from the traditional fishing community slowly. The coastal areas are being invaded by the forces of tourism industry, real estate and other development sectors, displacing the traditional fishing community and now, these sensitive zones are being allotted to hazardous and polluting ship breaking yards.
“Protect Sea, Coast, Inland water bodies and Fish Resources”: A ‘Boat March’ from Mangalore to Thiruvananthapuram
By People’s Union for Democratic Rights (PUDR), The Nithari case made headlines in 2006 when fifteen skeletons were unearthed...
“The immeasurable loss/damage to Adivasi community, their land, their forest, their environment must be accounted for and criminal...
By Manisha Sethi, In 1997, National Human Rights Commission issued its guidelines on encounter killings in response to Andhra Pradesh...
Faiz Ullah From a turnover of Rs. 2.36 Crore in 2004-05 to Rs. 32.17 Crore in 2012-13 Tihar Jail, Delhi is increasingly beginning to...
September 19, 2014
19th September is not simply a day to ritually mourn the dead, or to indulge in breast beating, but
August 24, 2014
Once again relying on the legal fiction that her continuing hunger strike is a fresh attempt to
August 15, 2014
Nehru may be a reviled figure now in certain political circles, but we risk the future of coming
- Yet another Sad Day for Democracy: Anand Patwardhan on Forced Cancellation of Sheetal Sathe’s Talk at St. Xaviers College, by ABVP
- Odisha: Protest Rally and Meeting against State Repression
- PUCL Condemns IB Report
August 23, 2014
We strongly condemn the arrest and inhumane treatment of Salman Zalman at the hands of the Kerala
August 21, 2014
We urge you to ensure that the NHRC guidelines on encounter killings are followed. The guidelines
August 20, 2014
"All evidences have been given to the government on this issue, but so far no transparent
- Declaration of the Indigenous People’s Forum,Odisha: International Day of World’s Indigenous Peoples
- Demand Justice for anti-Uranium Activist, Saiku Chaki
- Framed and Forgotten: The Fate of many Under Trials in India
August 22, 2014
Indeed, we need sweeping legislative, policy, administrative and executive reforms in order that
July 10, 2014
Ten years ago, in the early hours of 11th July 2004, the bullet riddled body of 32- year old
June 23, 2014
The IWPC is of the opinion that that the media, considered as an ombudsman and watchdog of society
- Fact Finding Report:Gang-Rape of a Minor Adivasi Girl with Disabilities in Madhya Pradesh
- Mansplained! *Misogyny alert
- Report: Protest against Bhagana Rape Case