This is to bring to your notice that there is a serious situation of assault against the minority Christian community in Village Madhota, Police Station Bhanpuri, District Bastar, Chhattisgarh which requires urgent intervention on behalf of the Commission.
There are no breaking news at the moment
Attacks on Christians in Bastar: PUCL writes to Minorities Commission urging Independent Investigation
Following is the translated (originally in Hindi) text of Hem Mishra’s letter, who is currently lodged in Nagpur Central Jail. Friends, Last...
As the stay on Surender Koli’s execution by the Supreme Court draws to a close, we must ask why Koli is being sent to the gallows...
A Hindu peace prevails in Trilokpuri. Controlled tension and rumours abound. Rest of Delhi can vote for ‘development’!
Kumar Sundaram After a citizens meeting yesterday in the Sri Ram Centre near Delhi’s Mandi House regarding the worrisome communal...
The following petition signed by activists, academicians and citizens have been sent by email and fax to the Lieutenant Governor and...
September 19, 2014
19th September is not simply a day to ritually mourn the dead, or to indulge in breast beating, but
August 24, 2014
Once again relying on the legal fiction that her continuing hunger strike is a fresh attempt to
August 15, 2014
Nehru may be a reviled figure now in certain political circles, but we risk the future of coming
- Yet another Sad Day for Democracy: Anand Patwardhan on Forced Cancellation of Sheetal Sathe’s Talk at St. Xaviers College, by ABVP
- Odisha: Protest Rally and Meeting against State Repression
- PUCL Condemns IB Report
August 23, 2014
We strongly condemn the arrest and inhumane treatment of Salman Zalman at the hands of the Kerala
August 21, 2014
We urge you to ensure that the NHRC guidelines on encounter killings are followed. The guidelines
August 20, 2014
"All evidences have been given to the government on this issue, but so far no transparent
- Declaration of the Indigenous People’s Forum,Odisha: International Day of World’s Indigenous Peoples
- Demand Justice for anti-Uranium Activist, Saiku Chaki
- Framed and Forgotten: The Fate of many Under Trials in India
August 22, 2014
Indeed, we need sweeping legislative, policy, administrative and executive reforms in order that
July 10, 2014
Ten years ago, in the early hours of 11th July 2004, the bullet riddled body of 32- year old
June 23, 2014
The IWPC is of the opinion that that the media, considered as an ombudsman and watchdog of society
- Fact Finding Report:Gang-Rape of a Minor Adivasi Girl with Disabilities in Madhya Pradesh
- Mansplained! *Misogyny alert
- Report: Protest against Bhagana Rape Case