Following is the text of the Collective Statement of the Third National Coal and Thermal Power Gathering held at Dumka, Jharkhand on 16-17 October 2014. More than 300 affected peoples from coal mining area and mm&P representatives participated from Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Odisha, Telangana, West Bengal, Karnataka, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh.
Dear Mr. Subramaniya Swamy, I guess your brains are getting old and tired that they are building up such sick thoughts and ideas…...
“Protect Sea, Coast, Inland water bodies and Fish Resources”: A ‘Boat March’ from Mangalore to Thiruvananthapuram
A ‘Boat March’ from Mangalore to Thiruvananthapuram with a slogan “Protect Sea, Coast, Inland water bodies and Fish...
By People’s Union for Democratic Rights (PUDR), The Nithari case made headlines in 2006 when fifteen skeletons were unearthed...
“The immeasurable loss/damage to Adivasi community, their land, their forest, their environment must be accounted for and criminal...
September 19, 2014
19th September is not simply a day to ritually mourn the dead, or to indulge in breast beating, but
August 24, 2014
Once again relying on the legal fiction that her continuing hunger strike is a fresh attempt to
August 15, 2014
Nehru may be a reviled figure now in certain political circles, but we risk the future of coming
- Yet another Sad Day for Democracy: Anand Patwardhan on Forced Cancellation of Sheetal Sathe’s Talk at St. Xaviers College, by ABVP
- Odisha: Protest Rally and Meeting against State Repression
- PUCL Condemns IB Report
August 23, 2014
We strongly condemn the arrest and inhumane treatment of Salman Zalman at the hands of the Kerala
August 21, 2014
We urge you to ensure that the NHRC guidelines on encounter killings are followed. The guidelines
August 20, 2014
"All evidences have been given to the government on this issue, but so far no transparent
- Declaration of the Indigenous People’s Forum,Odisha: International Day of World’s Indigenous Peoples
- Demand Justice for anti-Uranium Activist, Saiku Chaki
- Framed and Forgotten: The Fate of many Under Trials in India
August 22, 2014
Indeed, we need sweeping legislative, policy, administrative and executive reforms in order that
July 10, 2014
Ten years ago, in the early hours of 11th July 2004, the bullet riddled body of 32- year old
June 23, 2014
The IWPC is of the opinion that that the media, considered as an ombudsman and watchdog of society
- Fact Finding Report:Gang-Rape of a Minor Adivasi Girl with Disabilities in Madhya Pradesh
- Mansplained! *Misogyny alert
- Report: Protest against Bhagana Rape Case