We have come to know from Soni Sori that Madvi Sukdi from Village Bade Gurba, District Sukma, Chhattisgarh was picked up by police on the 20th November at 3.30pm. She has been missing since then. Apparently the police were asking for her husband Madvi Aayta. Please call on following numbers, demanding immediate production of Madvi Sukdi before a court.
By India Resists Team, Surinder Koli, a Dalit accused of murdering 18 women and children residing in Nithari village, NOIDA is facing...
IN DEFENCE OF DEMOCRACY to protect land, water, forest and livelihoods November 29-30, 2014 Dhinkia, Jagatsinhpur, Odisha Dear friends, People’s...
Noted scholar and Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) Professor M.S.S. Pandian, considered an authority on the Dravidian movement in...
Fyodor Dostoevsky famously said, “The degree of civilization in a society can be judged by entering its prisons.” Anyone...
September 19, 2014
19th September is not simply a day to ritually mourn the dead, or to indulge in breast beating, but
August 24, 2014
Once again relying on the legal fiction that her continuing hunger strike is a fresh attempt to
August 15, 2014
Nehru may be a reviled figure now in certain political circles, but we risk the future of coming
- Yet another Sad Day for Democracy: Anand Patwardhan on Forced Cancellation of Sheetal Sathe’s Talk at St. Xaviers College, by ABVP
- Odisha: Protest Rally and Meeting against State Repression
- PUCL Condemns IB Report
August 23, 2014
We strongly condemn the arrest and inhumane treatment of Salman Zalman at the hands of the Kerala
August 21, 2014
We urge you to ensure that the NHRC guidelines on encounter killings are followed. The guidelines
August 20, 2014
"All evidences have been given to the government on this issue, but so far no transparent
- Declaration of the Indigenous People’s Forum,Odisha: International Day of World’s Indigenous Peoples
- Demand Justice for anti-Uranium Activist, Saiku Chaki
- Framed and Forgotten: The Fate of many Under Trials in India
August 22, 2014
Indeed, we need sweeping legislative, policy, administrative and executive reforms in order that
July 10, 2014
Ten years ago, in the early hours of 11th July 2004, the bullet riddled body of 32- year old
June 23, 2014
The IWPC is of the opinion that that the media, considered as an ombudsman and watchdog of society
- Fact Finding Report:Gang-Rape of a Minor Adivasi Girl with Disabilities in Madhya Pradesh
- Mansplained! *Misogyny alert
- Report: Protest against Bhagana Rape Case