On the 9th of March, 2017 (Thursday), various peoples movements are organising a march from Mandi House to Jantar Mantar in the form of a Ghotala Rath Yatra followed by a dharna at Jantar Mantar, to highlight issues related to corruption, including:
· Non-operationalisation of Lokpal law
· Non-operationalisation of Whistle Blowers Protection law and attacks on free speech and dissenting voices
· Failure to re-introduce the grievance redress legislation in Parliament
· Lack of action on allegations in the dying declaration of Mr. Kalikho Pul, Former CM, Arunachal Pradesh
· Lack of transparency in political funding
· Lack of action on allegations of corruption contained in the Sahara- Birla diaries
The Ghotala Rath Yatra will start from Mandi House at 11 am and will reach Jantar Mantar by 2 pm, where the dharna will be organised.
The protest is being jointly organised by the National Campaign for Peoples’ Right to Information (NCPRI), Anti Corruption Team (Swaraj Abhiyan), Campaign for Judicial Accountability & Reform (CJAR) and National Alliance of Peoples’ Movements (NAPM).
Please do join us on the 9th of March, 2017 (Thursday) from 11 am to 4 pm.
Contact- 9810273984, 9958010850, 9818905316
Best wishes and regards,