IIT Kharagpur witnessed a concerned gathering coming out in protest on Tuesday (12/04/2016) against the recent tuition fee hike by the MHRD. Over 400 students were part of the peaceful demonstration starting at 7:15 PM , marching from the Gymkhana to the GolC. They demanded that the fee hike, from rupees 90,000 to rupees 2,00,000 per annum, be rolled back. They also expressed their grief with respect to the hike being imposed on the current batch of students. VP Atal Ashutosh Agarwal addressed the gathering and called for a coherent and united effort from the protesters.Students from all the years came to the fore and energetically vocalized their opinions and grievances, before disbanding at 8:30.
- Hindutva and Zionism are ideological twins : the RSS love for exclusivism and ethnic cleansing #NoToNetanyahu 4 comments
- RSS Killed Gandhi: This Month, Let's Break The Silence On The First Political Murder of Independent India 3 comments
- On #BheemaKoregaon, Media Is Criminalising Dalits: 4 Things That Are Wrong With The Coverage 2 comments
- Did Gandhi Merit Assassination? : Claims of Right-Wing Dissected by Chunibhai Vaidya #RSSKilledGandhi 2 comments
- 'Palestine belongs to the Arabs in the same sense that England belongs to the English' : Read Mahatma Gandhi's 1938 Article 2 comments
#JNUCrackdown #RohithVemula #standwithhcu #StandWithJNU ABVP Adivasi AFSPA Afzal Guru anti-national Bastar BJP caste discrimination Communalism Communal violence Dalit Death Penalty Democracy Demonetisation Displacement Fake Encounter Freedom of expression freedom of speech Gujarat Hindutva Human Rights JNU JTSA Justice Kanhaiya Kumar Kashmir Modi Narendra Modi Nationalism Police Repression PUCL Rape Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh Rohith Vemula RSS Secularism Sedition Solidarity Soni Sori State Repression Umar Khalid